Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

dance the night away, brandon!
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Jan 31 2015, 01:12 AM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

you and i collide
TAG - WORDS - SHORT LINE OF NOTES HERE
The dawn is breaking A light shining through You're barely waking And I'm tangled up in you Yeah But I'm open you're closed Where I follow you'll go I worry I won't see your face Light up again Even the best fall down sometimes Even the wrong words seem to rhyme Out of the doubt that fills my mind I somehow find You and I collide
Ah, Valentines day. While it wasn't as special to River as most non-single girls, she had been rather pleased to learn she wouldn't be spending it alone at least. Since Zack wasn't interest in Valentines, and therefore, not being interested in the dance either, she was now going with her best friend. She didn't mind, she'd been spending a lot of time with Zack lately to be honest, and she didn't want to be neglecting Brandon. After all, he'd been her friend for so long, and if he didn't have someone to go with, then she was more than happy to step in. Despite dances not usually being her thing. She tended to have bad luck at public events, it's how she'd met Zack though, so she supposed it wasn't all bad.

She'd spent the afternoon getting herself ready. Sure, she wasn't going with her boyfriend, but she could still look nice, right? Right. She'd been wearing something from her closet, but upon leaving her room her sister had claimed that it was too ugly and looked like a grandma dress, and had promptly dressed her in one of her own dresses. River was notorious for having poor taste in clothes, she just didn't understand it really, fashion was confusing. So, now here she was, hair done up in a half up, curly style with a dark blue dress that Mairi had dressed her in. The hells, River could have done without, but Mairi had insisted on those as well.

Now, she was on her way over to Brandon's, glad that it wasn't far she had to walk in those heels. Being neighbors certainly had it's positive elements. Once at his place, she knocked lightly and waited outside, hands behind her back as she gazed around. She hoped things would go well, River tended to bring trouble with her wherever she went, but she wanted tonight to actually be fun, to go without a hitch.

PMEmail
^
Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Jan 31 2015, 11:31 AM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

and I heard 'em say

nothings ever promised tomorrow today

Bran originally wasn't going to go to the dance himself. Not that he had anything against lingering around a punch bowl with his buds and shooting the shit. On the contrary in fact. he could have handled it, however, he simply hadn't felt compelled to go. Not until River approached him about going together. He was a bit skeptical at first considering she had a boyfriend. A boyfriend he was wondering why he couldn't take his girlfriend to the dance. But whatever. Zack's lost was his gain for the night. River had always been a pretty girl in his eyes and if Zach didn't want to go show her off, well Bran would gladly have her on his arm.

So he agreed without hesitation. Besides it'd been some time since they'd gotten to hang out, just the two of them together. So he was looking forward to it. Because he technically was not the shopping type, he practically begged his mom to go shop for an outfit to wear for him. As long as it didn't make him look like a little boy, he would trust her judgement. She didn't do bad either what she brought home to him. Excellent actually. A simple dress shirt, dress pants, and a tie would be alright for the night. Hopefully River would be impressed considering he didn't dress up too often.

That evening he showered, dressed, and ran some product through his hair before he deemed himself presentable for the evening. He had actually planned to walk over to River's to pick her up but just as he was getting ready to go, he heard the soft knock and went to go answer it. He pulled open the door and his breath caught in his throat. Wow she looked absolutely gorgeous in that dress. And what do you know, they were color coordinating a bit. A smile curled his lips as he looked down at her."Wow Riv, you look gorgeous"He complimented, and playfully frowned."I think I'm supposed to walk over and pick you up. Must have been killer to walk over here in those heels."

TAG: River
WORDS: ###
NOTES: notes, yo!

♔ nickdiazfan
PM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Jan 31 2015, 11:46 AM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

you and i collide
The dawn is breaking A light shining through You're barely waking And I'm tangled up in you Yeah But I'm open you're closed Where I follow you'll go I worry I won't see your face Light up again Even the best fall down sometimes Even the wrong words seem to rhyme Out of the doubt that fills my mind I somehow find You and I collide
Upon seeing the door open and hearing Brandon's compliment, a slight blush colored her cheeks and she stared down at her feet. "Y-Yeah, it's... It's Mairi's, she wouldn't let me leave until she deemed me presentable." She said, her fingers pulling at the skirt a bit. It definitely wasn't her typical dress, it showed too much. River was a shy girl, she preferred to hide behind her clothes and her hair, and with half her hair pulled back and a short dress with a bit of a form and no sleeves? Her hiding placed had been effectively taken away from her.

"Well, I was already done, so... I dunno, I figured I'd just come to you." Though, she stared down at the heels when he mentioned them and she pursed her lips slightly. "Yeah, I'm... Not used to heels, I don't think I've worn any since a cousin of mine got married when I was like... Five. So even then they were barely heels." She admitted, nervously rubbing the back of her head. At this point she was honestly just praying that she wouldn't break her ankle or something trying to walk in them all night.

Taking a deep breath, she glanced up at him and smiled. "But, hey! You look pretty great yourself! I think that's the first time I've seen you wear a tie." She said, chuckling softly. She had to wonder if he'd had help picking out the clothes, but she wouldn't ask, she didn't want to set things off on a bad note or anything. "So, shall we get going?" She asked, one half of her excited for a night out with him and another nervous about what was to come. After all, last time she went to any kind of party, she ended up drugged and well... That hadn't been fun.

PMEmail
^
Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Jan 31 2015, 03:14 PM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

and I heard 'em say

He admired her honesty. The fact that it could have been her sister's never crossed his mind. An even so, River still managed to pull it off. He gave a shrug."Yeah well it's still gorgeous.."He leaned toward her slightly as if he was getting ready to share a big secret."I'll even venture to say you wear it better." Might have sounded like he was laying it on thick, but he just loved the way she looked. Grant it the dress wasn't Riv's style but Brandon didn't care.

He looked down at her heels as well."You don't want to go back and grab a pair of flats or something?." He didn't want her falling and twisting her ankle or anything. He wanted nothing to go wrong that night. Just wanted good clean fun with his best friend. When she complimented him, a dash of pink coated his cheeks and he wasn't a blusher."Thanks and uh...let ya in on a little secret. Mom so picked this out. She has better taste than I thought"He said, giving a light chuckle and nod.

He wasn't a tie person. Only for occasions like weddings or going to church every once in a while did he get dressed up. But he would tolerate it for tonight. Especially since River seemed impressed. But yeah they needed to get the night moving."Yup, just gotta grab my keys and are you going to be alright like that? I could grab a jacket or a hoodie for you for later?." He didn't know if it would be chilly or not when they left the dance but he wanted River to have something to slip on so she wouldn't catch cold. At her response, he would either grab a jacket or not for her and his keys before locking up and leading her over to his car. He opened her door for her and waited for her to get in before closing it. Then jogging around the car, he got in the drivers seat.

♔ nickdiazfan
PM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Jan 31 2015, 03:35 PM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

you and i collide
River let out a nervous chuckle and shook her head. "Oh gosh, don't let Mairi hear you say that, she'd kill you." She said with a small smile. Mairi was a good sister. Sure, really protective and sometimes a bit crazy, but she had been the only person River could talk to for a long time. She understood Mairi's protectiveness, after all they'd both grown up with parents who weren't around a lot, so they'd always had to look out for each other.

Looking down to her heels, she shook her head and chuckled nervously. "Ah, no.. If Mairi caught me switching them out for flats she'd probably throw a fit. I'll deal with these." She said, hoping that in time she could just get used to them and perhaps not be so wobbly when she walked. His admitting to his mom having picked out the outfit made her smile. "So I was right? I had a sneaking suspicion." She said, a slightly playful tone laced in her voice.

River nodded when he mentioned needing to go get his keys, and after a slight moment contemplating a jacket, she nodded. "Y-Yeah sure, I suppose I should have thought of that sooner." She said, feeling rather silly that she hadn't even considered the fact that it would probably be chilly later that night whenever they left the dance. He wasn't gone long, and in no time she'd slipped into the passenger seat of the car and buckled up, rather excited to get going. She hadn't been to a school dance before, so she wasn't totally sure what to expect, but she knew it must be vastly different from the few houseparties she'd gone to. So... Hopefully she wouldn't get herself into trouble.

PMEmail
^
Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Jan 31 2015, 04:03 PM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

and I heard 'em say

And back on the subject of making sure this night was special for River. Well he would keep a close eye on things. Make sure she was alright and having a good time rather than standing around and being an easy target for some asshole to pick on her. He wasn't putting up with it and anyone who wanted to get out of line with her, would deal with him. He didn't understand why some treated River that way when she was the sweetest person. Maybe it was weakness in their eyes.

To his understanding she'd never actually been to a school dance so that was like an expresso shot to his ego. It was he who would be taking her to her first dance. There was something about that that made him feel really happy and excited."Don't you worry about a thing Rivs"He said after some time in silence."Tonight is going to be okay and I will make sure you have the best time."

Fifteen minutes later they were pulling into the parking lot of the school and Bran found a parking space near the entrance. There were couple people lingering outside and talking. He killed the engine and removed his seatbelt."Well we're here"He said then turned his gaze on the red head."Ready?."

♔ nickdiazfan
PM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Jan 31 2015, 05:34 PM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

you and i collide
River smiled at his reassurance and she simply nodded her head. "I know you will, I always have fun with you." She said with a slightly bigger smile. She had found herself grateful for being able to meet him a lot lately. If she hadn't met him, she likely wouldn't have lasted. She hadn't told anyone before, but she'd been through momentary moments of depression, she'd considered suicide once or twice but had quickly shut the thought down. Over and over she'd tell herself that she was just lonely, that she was just upset about Mairi getting caught up in a life. River had felt left behind, then Brandon showed up and befriended her and she hadn't had that feeling again.

As they arrived, she took a deep breath and glanced around at everyone who was lingering about the grounds. "As ready as I'll ever be." She said, glancing over to him with a nervous smile. "Just make sure you don't laugh at me if I fall on my face attempting to walk or dance or anything okay?" She asked with a soft chuckle while she climbed out of the car and glanced around, taking a deep breath and letting out a small sigh.

Waiting for him, they walked together towards the doors leading into the school. There was a coat check in one of the classrooms, and once they were through that, they were in the gymnasium where music was blasting and where people littered the floor dancing along. On the far side, a few tables were set up with punch, little chocolates and cupcakes.

PMEmail
^
Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Jan 31 2015, 06:11 PM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

and I heard 'em say

"Nah I won't laugh...at first. I'll make sure your okay first"He teased back gently. He was joking with her of course. He'd never do something rude like laugh in her face if she got hurt. And hopefully she knew that. But tonight he'd try to keep her upright because if she were to take a huge nose dive to the floor, it would be the talk the rest of the night and maybe the following week. He didn't want her to go through that when she already had to put up with other's judgments already.

"alright, let's do this"He said, opening the door and stepping out as well. They walked in together, went through coat check and then found themselves entering the action packed gym. Quite a few people were on the floor already while others hung around the refreshment table and some just stood around talking. Bran caught the eye of a few of his teammates who looked at him and he gave a wave to them. Tonight he wouldn't be splitting his time though. Tonight River would get all of him. His buds would have to deal with it and not cause a commotion.

Looking down at his date...well best friend, he took her hand gently without thought and gave it a gentle shake to get her attention."So what do you want to do first? hit the floor or try the refreshments?."He wanted to give her a chance to at least think it over whether she wanted to dance on those heels or not.

♔ nickdiazfan
PM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Jan 31 2015, 07:04 PM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

you and i collide
"Oh well, as long as you check first." She said, rolling her eyes and chuckling softly. She always enjoyed her time with him. Even Mairi she wasn't completely comfortable around anymore, but Zack and Brandon? She always felt like she could be herself, around them she could let down her guard. That didn't mean she wasn't nervous though, she was definitely still nervous about making a fool of herself in such a large crowd, but holding Brandon's hand and walking in together definitely helped to calm the nerves a bit.

When the entered, she saw his friends wave and instantly she got a bit disheartened. What if he wanted to hang out with them instead? She supposed it wouldn't be awful, she could just hang around a bit and then sneak off when nobody would notice. However, he seemed to pass them off rather quickly and she glanced up at him, her teeth biting her lower lip slightly. Doing her best to shake it off, she took one last look around the room. There were a few people she recognized, but not a lot, then again... River didn't exactly talk to a lot of people aside from Brandon, Zack, Mairi and Micah.

"I'm thinking drinks and snacks." She replied, glancing up at him. "I'm not sure if i'm ready to completely embarrass myself just yet." She said, laughing nervously and rubbing the back of her head. She was just hoping at this point that the treats would do well to distract her and let her have time to mentally prepare herself.

PMEmail
^
Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Jan 31 2015, 07:40 PM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

and I heard 'em say

Brandon knew how nervous Riv got often. Even knew the signs as this point; like biting her lip or scratching the back of her head. It was those moments where he held her hand or gave her a warm hug. Not to put the moves on her but to let her know she's not alone and that he was here and she could count on him for anything. She didn't have to worry about stealing his time from his friends. He could hang with them anytime. But nowadays he had to get time with River when he could since she was with Zach now.

Squeezing her hand gently, he walked them over to the table and checked out the treats. There were heart-shaped cookies with red sprinkles, cupcakes, slices of cake, and brownies. Pretty much a table of sugar. He would let River select what she wanted, if she wanted anything at all, while he got their punch out of the punch bowl. Of course he knew he was being looked at but he didn't care at all. He was used to it when he was around River. He just let it roll off his back and continued on. With two cups of punch, he brought them over to River."Got the punch". He nodded over to where some chairs were set up."Hey let's go sit down." He didn't want her just standing around on her heels if they could sit.

Eyes followed them. Well look on bitches he thought. Nobody was going to make him feel like shit for doing this. Besides they would only be wasting their own time if they were just going to look at them all night.

♔ nickdiazfan
PM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Jan 31 2015, 10:01 PM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

you and i collide
River followed him through the room to the treats table and found them two little dessert paper plates. She went down the table and put one of everything on both plates, unless she knew of one thing that he definitely didn't like. When he showed up with the punch and mentioned going to take a seat, she smiled and nodded her head, more than willing to go and take a break from being on her feet. Her feet weren't hurting just yet, but it was only a matter of time she was sure.

There was a few tables set up off to the side, and she manged to find one that seemed relatively clear aside from a couple on the far end practically attached by the lips. She was pretty good at ignoring stuff like that most of the time, but now she found herself wondering what Zack was doing. Shaking the thoughts off, she sat herself on the other side of the table as the couple and set down both dessert plates. "I hope you liked all this stuff, I just kinda took a bit of everything." She said, chuckling softly as she picked up one of the cookies.

The music was loud, but she was pretty used to it after being around Zack and his band. She didn't know most of the mainstream music though, she didn't listen to much aside from the music on her phone which consisted of Zack's recordings and a few select bands that she really enjoyed from home. "I'm surprised you didn't already have a special someone to take Bran." She said as she glanced up at him and took a bite from her cookie. After all, he was popular, girls liked him more than boys liked her.

PMEmail
^
Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 09:10 PM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

and I heard 'em say

Brandon didn't even look over at the couple though he knew they were there. Besides he didn't want to look like he was gawking at them or anything. Instead he kept his gaze on River. She looked so pretty, if only she could knew how pretty she was. Poor girl lacked the confidence to see it but Bran always told her when she looked nice or complimented her whenever a compliment was called for.

He looked down at the treats she selected and nodded. He wasn't really up for treats but he would have one or a couple with her. He selected a cookie as well, bit into it, and chewed. "Mmm not bad"He said, chewing a bit more and swallowing."Well"He regarded her question."I got asked Riv, but I couldn't just come with anyone ya know. I would want to come with somebody I knew I would have a good time with. Besides, aren't you special enough to come with?." He smiled at her and then caught something over on the far side of the room."Oh they have one of those photo booth things"He pointed out."Want to try it out before leaving tonight?."

♔ nickdiazfan
PM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 09:31 PM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

you and i collide
River rose an eyebrow when he mentioned that someone had asked him. She assumed it was someone from the cheer team or something, but she wouldn't bother asking. When he asked why should couldn't be special enough and all she could do was blush slightly and nervously rub the back of her head. "I-I dunno, I'm just not usually the party or... Dance type. I've been wanting to go, but I don't exactly know what we're supposed to do. I figured you've have more fun with one of the cheerleaders or something." She said with a small shrug while she took another bite from her cookie.

At the mention of the photo booth, she glanced up and stared over at it a moment. "Oh umm.." She began. Normally she wasn't too big on getting her picture taken, but this was enclosed and nobody but him would see them, right? "Yeah, we don't have many pictures together anyways, and I was thinking about starting a little scrap book or something." She said, smiling up at him. "On one condition, you can't like, have it in your wallet and show people okay? Cause, I'm not all too photogenic."

PMEmail
^
Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 09:49 PM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

and I heard 'em say

He chuckled a little. He was no expert about parties but he also knew there was no set thing you did. You just did what you wanted; whether that was snacking, drinking, dancing, or nothing at all."You'd just do what you want Riv. Let it all hang loose". His nose wrinkled slightly."Nah, I couldn't have came with a cheerleader. She would have tried to make the evening a popularity contest and damn if I want to entertain that." Yeah, it was probably a given he would have a cheerleader or some prep on his arm but he never felt like those types were his thing. Unless they had a kind heart and were were kind to other people.

he paused to drink a little of his punch before sitting it down."Okay, we'll do it later then. It's about time I got an updated picture of you." He smiled. Been a while since they were able to take pisc together. He wasn't a picture person either but it was okay when he took them with River. He snagged another cookie and moved his head to the music a little." We're gonna so totally be deaf after this"He joked, before popping the cookie in his mouth. After swallowing, he asked as he wiped his hands off on a napkin."Sooo..want to try that dancing thing? No pressure, we don't have to do it at all tonight if you don't want to."

♔ nickdiazfan
PM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 10:21 PM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

you and i collide
River chuckled softly and nodded her head. "Yeah, they tend to do that huh?" She said with a small smile. She wasn't a big gossip, but she did know about the petty contests and drama that tended to follow them. "That's kind of why I avoid that crowd. Plus, I'm pretty sure I don't fit in with them." River wasn't fashionable, she wasn't one to gossip or go on shopping sprees. River was content being inside on her own, or with Brandon or Zack.

River smiled and shook her head when he mentioned being deaf after. It was pretty damn loud, but she also spent time with Zack's band so it wasn't so bad really. "D-Dancing?" She asked, nervously looking to the dancefloor. Well, of course he wanted to dance, she'd asked if he wanted to go with her... To a dance. She didn't realize how nerve wracking it would be when she thought about it though. "I... I dunno, I'll probably trip over my own feet, or... Step on yours or something." She said, her voice trailing off slightly as she glanced down to her hands. Plus... People would be watching her... And she wasn't sure how great that would be. "I dunno how to dance either." She said, especially to fast music. Just watching the girls dance made her cringe, they were all trying to be sexy or... Graceful, River didn't feel like she was either of those.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Skin by Macy of Shine