Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Feb 3 2015, 11:32 PM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

i'll see you in the future when we're older
and we are full of stories to be told cross my heart and i hope to die i'll see you with your laughter lines

Funny how such things come about. One minute they'd been talking about River and the next, somehow the conversation had got on themselves. Whatever the case, Brandon wasn't hanging out with River that evening, but riv's big sister, Mairi. It just sort of fell into his lap, at least he thought so. But what could there be to worry about? He was going to go as himself and not worry about having to be anything super special for Mairi. Of that didn't mean he would be a heathen. He was raised to not ever amount to that. But he intended to show her a good time and hopefully she will think she did at the evening of the evening.

He wanted to be on time despite the fact she lived next door so it wouldn't take long to collect her. So around five thirty, he had a quick shower; spritzed some after shave on and rubbed product through his hair. Crazy hair it was. Then he dressed in an outfit (click) that he hoped she would be okay with. He still didn't know which destination he was choosing though he was leaning heavily towards one. It seemed like the kind of place Mairi might like. Anyway once he was ready, he grabbed his keys and let his family know he was going out for the evening.

His car was already parked at the curb so he went from his place to next door. How convenient that they lived super close. He took a deep breath and released it to calm himself.Nothing to be worried about. He could handle Mairi for one evening. Lifting his hand, he rung the doorbell and waited.

PM
^
MAIRI CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Feb 4 2015, 10:42 PM
31 posts
18 years old
Former Prep/ 2015 Grad
© CLAIRE
<---|field_10|-->

i took a fall
She would have never anticipated that she'd be spending her Saturday evening in Brandon's company. And it had nothing to do with the fact that she disliked him. On the contrary, he was one of the few people she found she could tolerate for any length of time. Moreover, he'd always been close with River, in a way that Mairi herself never could be — a positive influence. And somehow, it had taken meeting Zack to fully appreciate how important that was. So when the opportunity had arisen for them to spend some time together, she'd taken it upon herself to seize it. They'd been neighbors for so long, she almost felt guilty for having never given him the time of day before now. She'd always been so busy trying to maintain her reputation at school, that she'd neglected the people she should have been closest to. And now she was going to rectify that.

She was poised before a floor-length mirror, tousling the soft curls of her hair with delicate fingers when she heard the doorbell. A smile touched the corners of her mouth as she glanced at the clock set upon her bedside table. Right on time, just as she assumed he would be. With a final once-over of her OUTFIT, and a swipe of strawberry lip-gloss, she grabbed her bag and quickly slipped out of her bedroom towards the stairs. By the time she reached the door, she was surprised to notice that she was genuinely excited by ... whatever it was this was supposed to be.

"Wow, you walked all that way just to meet me at the door? What a gentleman."

She was teasing him already, but it was entirely in jest, and she laughed as she slipped into the pair of flats she'd left at the foot of the stairs.

"This was the best 'happy medium' I could come to," she added, gesturing to the transparent, sleeveless blouse, skinny jeans and leather jacket she'd thrown together earlier in the day. To be fair, it balanced casual and dressy quite nicely, and she'd been meaning to find a reason to wear the jacket for awhile. Once she was ready, she straightened up and stepped out on to the porch, closing the door firmly behind her.

"So, have you made up your mind as to where we're going?"

TAG: BRANDON. WORDS: 402. NOTES: <3

PM
^
Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Feb 5 2015, 02:29 AM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

and we are full of stories to be told cross my heart and i hope to die i'll see you with your laughter lines

First impressions were everything, right? Starting with being on time. Doing so showed consideration for the person you were hanging out with. And that you cared about going out as whole. Besides he felt like that would have been a strike against him if he had been even a second late. And honestly he was sort of looking forward to getting to know his friend's sister beyond what everyone liked to say about her. Sometimes you just needed to experience the person yourself. He looked down at his shoes and tugged a bit at the shirt he chose to wear. Hopefully the outfit went okay together. He couldn't be too over-dressed, or under-dressed for that matter. He let out a slow breath, relaxing himself.

Finally the door opened and he looked forward, eyes falling on Mairi. Wow, he had no doubt that she would look beautiful. The Carstairs sisters were both really beautiful girls. He was the only one who could say he's had the pleasure of hanging out with both.

Snapping out of it, he grinned with a shrug."A man should always meet a girl at the door. Besides it wasn't a long walk at all." He knew she was teasing and it was sort of automatic for him to tease back. He waited while she slipped on her shoe wear. Then she was gesturing to her outfit, explaining it."Very nice. I'd say its a very happy medium but you would have looked great in whatever you chose Mairi"He told her honestly. She just had the body that made things pop and be eye catching.

She stepped out of the house and he answered."Yup I know exactly where we're going now, however, I'm not telling you still." He wanted to surprise her and hopefully she would have a good reaction to the place of his choosing. He walked her over to his car, and opened the passenger door for her holding it until she slid in. Once she was situated, he went around to his side, got in, buckled up, and pulled away from the curb.

PM
^
MAIRI CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Feb 5 2015, 07:26 PM
31 posts
18 years old
Former Prep/ 2015 Grad
© CLAIRE
<---|field_10|-->

i took a fall
It was clear Brandon was nervous, but he made a valiant effort to hide it as he offered her a roguish grin and rolled his shoulders in a bit of a shrug, matching her lighthearted quip with one of his own. It was nice to see he hadn't gone out of his way to impress her. There was still that casual air about him she'd come to expect. Nothing too formal, for which she was grateful. It would have only made things more awkward if he'd felt as though he needed to go out of his way for her. For the second time she had to remind herself that this wasn't a date, and so the mood would not feel as reserved as it generally did when she went out with other men. Men, because Mairi Carstairs did not date boys. Still, she'd have been lying had she claimed it wasn't fun to tease them. So when she caught him taking in her appearance with thinly-veiled appreciation, she shook out her perfumed hair and brushed past him with a knowing wink.

"It's been twenty seconds and you're already about to fall all over yourself at the sight of me," she laughed, allowing him to lead her from the porch and in the direction of his car. But then he was mentioning something about keeping his plans a surprise, and she couldn't help but grin inwardly, slipping into the passenger seat with a fresh thrill of anticipation.

Within a few moments he'd settled himself behind the wheel, and they were pulling away, leaving her to withdraw a compact mirror from her purse which she used to touch up her lip-gloss.

You're not even going to give me a hint?" She cast him a sidelong look as he drove, eyebrow raised as she made herself comfortable within the soft upholstery of the seat.

"Well, I guess I did ask you to surprise me."

PM
^
Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Feb 5 2015, 08:04 PM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

He laughed then. He wouldn't say he was falling all over himself. Sure she looked really nice but he wasn't going to go gaga over it. He resigned himself right then and there to play it cool and be himself. What Mairi liked, she liked; whatever she didn't, she just didn't and would let him know. He could handle that fine. So it seemed over him came a new recharge of confidence. Just chill out and hang out with her. This wasn't a date. This should be looked at as two friends hanging out.

he cast a side-ways glance in her direction and there was a clear smirk on his mouth."There are only so many surprises in life Mairi"He said to her. Then a moment later he gave the appearance of a guy relenting."Okay, okay. Here's a hint.." His smirk grew a bit."You'll just have to see when we get there." Yeah he was used to teasing too. he teased River quite a bit and the young girl seemed to be okay with it. Who needed to be serious? he was relaxed and going to give her Brandon as he was.

Twenty-five minutes later he was pulling into the parking lot of Heartfire restaurant. He had no clue whether she'd ate here before or if some other guy took her before, but this was where he decided. Not many his age would even pick the place. They would be fine with Mcdonalds or Applebees and call it a night. Not him. He figured this would be more Mairi's style. If not, then he was wrong. He pulled into a parking space and turned to her."Well, surprise mighty mairi."

PM
^
MAIRI CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Feb 6 2015, 01:10 PM
31 posts
18 years old
Former Prep/ 2015 Grad
© CLAIRE
<---|field_10|-->

i took a fall
"That was a terrible hint," she pouted as he proceeded to tease her, that amused grin still playing upon his mouth as he wove his way through traffic.

She would have been lying had she said she wasn't at least a little intrigued as to where he'd chosen to take her. It wasn't as though he really knew her all that well, and she and River were so different, he wouldn't have been able to draw any conclusions based upon her sister either. So she contented herself with trying to remain, patient, using the time they had in the car to appreciate his profile as he turned to pay attention to the road. She'd always found him to be good-looking, and not in the ordinary way she'd come to expect from most of the boys at Trinity. He was also nice. The sort of nice she'd always wanted for River. The sort of nice she'd always taken advantage of, and scorned. Because she couldn't afford to be nice.

When they pulled into the parking lot of Heartfire, she felt her eyebrows raise, shifting in her seat to stare at him as the car slowed to a halt.

"Well, well, well. Brandon, if I didn't know better I'd think you were trying to impress me."

She couldn't help but toss him a playful wink, opening the car door and slipping out into the lot in a flourish of scarlet curls. She'd been the restaurant a handful of times, brought there on a series of dates with different boys whom she'd long since forgotten. She remembered the menu well enough to recall it was very luxurious, and extremely pricey. Had he felt like she would have turned up her nose at anything less? Granted, she couldn't have blamed him if he had.

"You're doing well so far." Her voice had become a low purr as she hitched her purse higher up on her shoulder, waiting for him to fall into step beside her as they approached the establishment. Once inside they were seated almost immediately, and she shrugged out of her jacket, appraising the elegant decor and romantic lighting with plain amusement.

PM
^
Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Feb 6 2015, 08:09 PM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

He looked over at her and his brow quirked."Is impressing you bad.." Then he made to look like her was putting his car back in gear."..because you know we could go to Mcdonalds, it's just right down the street. Or perhaps Applebees if you want.." He laughed then, not being serious. He cut the car off and unbuckled his seatbelt."I just figured this was more your taste." He got out of the car then, looking over the place. Truthfully this wasn't a place for a high schooler to bring his date but he heard about it from his older brother bringing his girlfriend, so he decided to bring Mairi. Plus he was certain he wouldn't run into any gossipers here.

His gaze swept from the building to her, and he grinned, a light flush coming to his cheeks."Thanks." He'd be humble about it. Getting cocky could bring a very fast turnaround. He fell into step with her and walked up to the door. Pausing to pull open the door for her, he let her enter first, eyes following her. He might of stole a peek at her butt but quickly brought his eyes back up before anyone noticed. They were seated almost immediately and he couldn't stop his gaze from moving over the place. This was a very elegant setting for him but it was beautiful all the same. He shrugged out of his own jacket and drapped it over his seat.

Turning back, he reached for the menu and browsed it briefly. He hadn't been there before so he needed to see what they offered. And yeah he noticed the prices of a few things but he didn't let it scare him. Whether Mairi expected it or not, he was footing the bill that night. He was a man that knew how to save his money. "Everything looks good"He murmured to her."Can't decide between ribs or steak."He was a meat and potatoes sort of guy so he rarely passed up things like steak and ribs.

He looked over at her, studying her a moment before letting a light smirk come to his lips."You've been here before huh?." He wasn't or anything, but if she had, then maybe she could recommend what was good to him.

PM
^
MAIRI CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Feb 7 2015, 12:06 AM
31 posts
18 years old
Former Prep/ 2015 Grad
© CLAIRE
<---|field_10|-->

i took a fall
He gave no indication to suggest that the prices listed on the menu daunted him, which she thought was admirable. He must have expected just by looking at the place that it catered to a higher caliber of diners. So she settled comfortably in her chair and laid her hands in her lap, perusing the entrees with keen eyes despite the fact she knew exactly what she was going to order. When she'd finished, she angled her chin to peer up at Brandon through the veil of her lashes, strangely charmed by his expression as he tried to decide what he wanted. When he mentioned the two that had caught his eye, she leaned forward a bit and gave a small shrug. "Well, the place is renowned for its steak, but it's also the most expensive thing on the menu." She paused, fixing him with a amused grin. "So if you're looking for a memorable dining experience, I'd go with that. Otherwise, I've heard the ribs are good."

Strains of soft orchestral music floated in the air around them, and delicate lights draped about the vaulted ceiling lent an ethereal quality to the place. She'd forgotten how pretty it was here, and took a moment to allow her eyes to wander, curls spilling over one shoulder as she tilted her head to one side. But before her thoughts could wander, he was addressing her again, and she returned her full attention to him.

"I've been here a few times," she admitted with a nod. "In fact, my first boyfriend brought me here for Valentine's day. And it's become one of my favourite places to eat."

She glanced back down at her menu then, and clasped her hands together upon the table.

"I always order the herb-crusted salmon. It's the best I've ever had."

PM
^
Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Feb 7 2015, 12:48 AM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

Well damn even the salmon sounds good. He wasn't worried about pricing at all because again he had the money. But the choices of the menu were tantalizing and he felt like he would be missing out on something really good no matter what he picked. A small sound escaped his lips."You've made it so much more easier"He joked. He pondered more before shutting the menu."I think I will go for the steak. It's more my style." He sat the menu off to the side and clasped his hands on the table.

"It seems like a Valentine's day sort of thing." He looked around admiring the architecture of the room and listening in on the music playing. It was really relaxing. He found himself totally un-nerved and just cool. He glanced over at Mairi. Of course she'd been here before , and with a boyfriend. But it didn't bother him any. It just meant other guys knew her tastes and what made her happy.

"So what are we drinking?"He asked, as he could see the waiter starting to walk in their direction. Shouldn't be hard to decide. Both were underage unless Mairi had a fake i.d of some sort on her. They were limited to soda or water. "I think I'll be getting water"He said just as the waiter stopped at their table. Brandon glanced over at Mairi but before she could speak, he took it upon himself to order for them both. Whether she would appreciate it or not would remain to be seen but he felt it was more of a romantic thing to do.

Romantic?!

This was not a date Lockhart. If anything your just becoming friends. Oh wow. Too late now as he'd given the entire order including drinks. The waiter wrote everything down and walked away. Bran relaxed back in his chair and looked at the red head before him."If that seemed a bit forward, my bad. Just figured it was something I should do."

PM
^
MAIRI CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Feb 7 2015, 11:42 PM
31 posts
18 years old
Former Prep/ 2015 Grad
© CLAIRE
<---|field_10|-->

i took a fall
Mairi smiled as Brandon settled on the steak, watching as he laid his menu aside to clasp his hands together on the table in front of him.

"How stereotypically male of you," she teased, flicking a stray curl of hair from where it had fallen across her shoulder. For several moments she only studied him, enjoying the tranquil atmosphere and hushed conversation that was being carried on around them. Most of the other diners sat in pairs as well, with their heads ducked intimately together and their fingers entwined. She and Brandon looked comparatively unromantic, lounging casually in their seats across from one another, clearly out of their element in one another's company. But that hardly deterred her. She'd never been inclined to embarrassment or self-consciousness really. To be honest, she was more interested in seeing whether Brandon himself would start to squirm.

But he didn't. In fact he managed to surprise her, taking it upon himself to order for the both of them as she looked on with wide eyes. Funny how the majority of her boyfriends had never bothered to remember even the most significant of details about her. Whether it had been her birthday, her favourite colour, or the name of her choice perfume, if she'd asked any of them they would have never been able to give her a straight answer. And yet in the span of only a few minutes, Brandon had been able to memorize and recite the most inconsequential details she could have fed him without skipping a beat.

After informing the waiter she'd have a water as well, he spun on his heel and disappeared to put their order in, leaving Mairi to grin in undisguised amusement at the boy across from her.

"To be honest, you never struck me as the 'take charge' type," she began lightly, laughing a little. "You don't have to feel obligated to be a gentleman around me, you know. I like 'forward'."

PM
^
Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 03:10 AM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

Brandon shrugged and gave her a sheepish grin. "well..I am male"He said with a chuckle. Truthfully though his diet varied during times of the year. During football season it changed and tightened up to just healthy foods, During the other time of the year, he was free to splurge a bit more. A candy bar here, cheeseburger there, a little soda. Hey, he still worked out. Still spent time lifting weights and running track to keep his speed up. He couldn't afford to let himself go when he was trying to be a top prospect.

Brandon wasn't paying attention to anyone around them. He didn't need to. he pretty much knew this was a restaurant more so for couples than friends just hanging out over a meal. Plus he tended to give more attention to whoever he was with anyway. That just happened to be Mairi, so forgive him if he didn't check out his surroundings so much.

And he typically wasn't one to take charge depending on the circumstances. He was much more in control around his team-mates than say River. He couldn't bring himself to not ask her before doing something. Yet here he was taking more initiative with Mairi. Didn't even think to ask her if she wanted her meal ordered for her, just did it like it was nothing. Looking over at her, he could see he hadn't misstepped at all. he laughed and leaned forward a bit towards her."Guess we're both students tonight then"He said."There's quite a bit to learn." Quite truthfully he surprised himself but hey, it also felt natural as well.

Cocking a brow and smirking, still leaning forward, he said."Oh yeah, I'll have you know this is no obligation. This is me." Couldn't be an act if he wanted it to be."But since you mentioned it, exactly how much "forward" can you handle?."

PM
^
MAIRI CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Feb 13 2015, 11:30 PM
31 posts
18 years old
Former Prep/ 2015 Grad
© CLAIRE
<---|field_10|-->

i took a fall
She found herself feeling pleasantly surprised by the sudden turn in conversation, appreciative of Brandon's unexpected boldness as he leaned forward and met her grin with one of his own. If she'd been intrigued before, she was utterly enthralled now, resting her head in her hand and devoting her full attention to him as he sat comfortably across from her. There were several moments of silence that followed his question as she contemplated her answer, resisting the urge to laugh as she fixed him with bright, amused eyes. Only when she felt he'd waited long enough did she finally straighten in her seat, tucking a piece of hair demurely behind one ear.

"This is me we're talking about," she started, tilting her head to one side. "So you should already know the answer to that."

In that moment the waiter returned with their drinks, setting the glasses with practiced grace down upon the table in front of them before disappearing back in the direction of the kitchens. She eyed her water dubiously, wishing suddenly that she had something a little stronger. But it wouldn't do to try to use her fake i.d here. Not when the staff already knew her so well.

"You won't be able to keep up with me."

PM
^
Brandon Lockhart
 Posted: Feb 14 2015, 12:22 AM
53 posts
17 years old
Team player
© Liz
<---|field_10|-->

He did know the answer to that and he also knew what people said about the red head seated across from him. But he chalked that up to being just he said she said shit. He wanted to know Mairi's answers. Not what people who thought they knew thought. Most of the time they knew nothing but rumors anyway. But here he was faced with a challenge that caused a grin to curl his mouth.

"How do you figure?...I think you might be speaking too soon"He told her. The waiter had come and dropped off their drinks but Brandon hadn't looked his way, his focus entirely on Mairi. "I'll have you know, I rise to challenges and obstacles. I'm not a dude that wilts." He figured he could take whatever she dished out. Because even she probably had preconceived notions of who he was as a person. Well she was learning. And honestly it was a bit refreshing to show another side of himself that he didn't often show River.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Skin by Macy of Shine