117 posts
19 years old
Former Burnout/ 2015 Grad
© N/A
<---|field_10|-->

zack w/ whoever
open for whom ever
notes: KEEP IT SIMPLE
Things that Zack hadn't planned for the day. That was about how this day could be summed up. He had woken up and gone upstairs to see his father sitting at the island. Now what ensued next was less than...adult like. They had gotten into a verbal argument first and after one thing had been said punches had thrown. His father had told him to get out and Zack had just grabbed his keys and left. Well he knew his mother had been so distraught about the thing but he wasn't about to go back there. If Isaac had been there he was sure it may have gone a tad different but he was with his damn pregnant ruskie girlfriend like always.

His mother was frantic. Calling everyone that she thought might know where Zack was. Old friends, even ex girlfriend, wanting to avoid calling River while she was at school. Once the girl was off however his mother rang her immediately. Through her tears she was able to choke out some words "Oh River! Zack and his dad got into a huge fight! They were arguing about him going to work for the company and then they were fighting, like throwing punches, his dad kicked him out! I can't get a hold him, no one knows where he is!" she sobbed unsure if the girl could even understand her.

Zack had turned his phone off and was just sitting in his truck at the current moment. He had already gotten a reservation at a hotel so he had someone to stay for the night. He knew that his mother would assume he was going to stay at Micah's but of course when she called he wasn't there. He hadn't even told Isaac where he was going much less called him at all. He was all alone at the current moment, just trying to figure out what he was going to do. Turning his phone on only for a minute he saw River's face pop up on the screen. "Hello" he said quietly.

coop
PMAIM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Feb 28 2015, 09:34 PM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

teehee <3
It had seemed like such a normal day. A bunch of people had graduated by now, and River was stuck at school finishing up classes. It felt strange knowing that Zack was done school and she was still going to be left here for a few more years. She supposed she could deal with it, she just knew it was going to be extremely lonely once again. Brandon was still around, sure, but there wasn't really anyone else she could rely on, nobody else she had to talk to any longer. Perhaps she'd just have to slow down with her school work so that she wasn't left with nothing to do all day.

When she got home however, she had an unwelcomed surprise. Hearing Zack's mothers panicked voice on the phone left her stomach in knots. She hated to admit that she didn't know where he was, that she hadn't heard from him all day. The woman seemed so scared, so worried about him, and that made River worry. Punches had been thrown, and now Zack was nowhere to be seen. When she hung up with the woman, River paced nervously in her room, trying to figure out where he'd be. After a moment she decided to try and call him, hoping that he perhaps just wasn't answering his phone to his mother for something that reason, it was his mother. She'd try and get him to come back, and she had a feeling that if he was gone, he had no plans to go back.

Dialing his number, she waited patiently as the rings went off in her ear. Finally they stopped and she held her breath until she heard his voice. Instantly, relief washed over her and she let out a sigh. "Zack... W-Where are you? Are you okay? You mom called me just now freaking out, she had no idea where you went."

PMEmail
^
ZACHARY MASON
 Posted: Mar 2 2015, 11:29 AM
117 posts
19 years old
© N/A
<---|field_10|-->

zack w/ whoever
open for whom ever
Zack could see that there were more than a few missed calls for various people. He just hadn't even given any thought to calling them back. The amount of text messages was worse. Between his mother, his friends, and of course his 'brother' he knew that they wanted to just know he was okay. Well he had cleaned himself up, or at least the blood he could, however his shirt was stained. He was pretty sure that his dad had chipped one of his teeth although it wasn't in the front so it didn't matter. He had spent a good fifteen minutes spitting up blood when he had while he had tried to stop the bleeding from his nose. He had a cut on his cheekbone but it wasn't much to worry about.

He was sure he had probably broken his dad's nose or even fractured his jaw the way he looked when Zack had finally left. Of course the fact his dad had threatened to call the cops had been a really good idea to leave even though he hadn't thrown the first punch. Selfishly he hadn't even given a thought to River. Now that he was sitting there he could only imagine what her reaction to the situation would be. But as soon as that thought crossed his mind the phone rang.

He sighed and grunted as he adjusted his position in the vehicle as he heard her going off on a tirade of questions. "Yeah I'm okay." was all he responded refusing to let her know where he was. He had a feeling River wouldn't do a good job if his mother called her crying asking if she had heard from him. "Guessing she told you what happened." he said leaning his head back.

coop
PMAIM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Mar 2 2015, 12:17 PM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

teehee <3
It had come as such a relief to know he would at least answer her calls. It hurt that he hadn't called her, told her what had been going on. What if she'd gone to his place only to fine the leftovers of the fight and his mom a wreck? That definitely wouldn't have been all that great. But, he was okay. That's what mattered. Sighing softly, she nodded her head and bit her lip. "Thank goodness." She said softly, bringing a hand to her chest. When he asked if his mom had told her what happened, River frowned and sighed softly. "Yeah, kind of. She said you and your dad got into a fight, and it got physical, then you disappeared." She said, rubbing the back of her head and frowning slightly.

After a moment, she glanced out the window and bit her lip nervously. "Zack... Please, where are you? I swear I won't tell anyone I just... I... I want to be there for you. I know you kind of prefer to deal with yourself alone, but... I hate being here while you're off somewhere hurt." She said softly, pacing back and forth in her room. "And if I'm let not seeing for myself that you're okay, I'm going to be up all night worrying, despite whatever you say." She added, knowing it may not be fair to him to practically force herself over there, but it was true. She was a worrier, it's what she did.

PMEmail
^
ZACHARY MASON
 Posted: Mar 2 2015, 04:18 PM
117 posts
19 years old
© N/A
<---|field_10|-->

zack w/ whoever
open for whom ever
He snorted at the word disappeared. Yeah. Disappeared. "If you consider disappearing him threatening to call the cops on me and trying to take my keys. Then yeah. I disappeared." he mumbled still feeling like his head was reeling. He felt dizzy and like he wasn't even in his own body. Hell that probably could have very well been from being hit in the head as hard as he and his father were throwing punches. He grunted as she asked where he was again. He wasn't about to tell her. He wasn't sure what she thought she was going to get out of him by bugging.

He sighed heavily when she said that she would continue to worry. He knew that she would and he knew she wouldn't believe him that he was in fact fine. As much as he loved her she was certainly stubborn when it came to always being the one to worry. "River I'm an hour away from home. If you can get someone to drive you part of the way out here or all the way then fine. You can come out here. But I am not heading back that way. I am not putting it above my dad to have the cops looking for me." he said knowing that Mairi would probably be the only person that she could ask. And if it was that witch he was going to say no. He didn't doubt she would tell his father or the cops exactly where he was.

"I'm really tired River. So you need to let me know in the next few minutes. I'm gonna call you back in ten minutes okay." he said before hanging up the phone and powering it down. Zack wasn't going to be trusting of almost anyone at this pointregardless of whether or not they were friends of his or friends of hers.

coop
PMAIM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Mar 2 2015, 09:41 PM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

teehee <3
River frowned slightly when he mentioned the cops and she sighed. Right, maybe that was why he didn't come to her place, it likely would be one of the first places they'd come. Great, she really didn't want to be around for that. She hated talking to people in general, so cops were bound to be worse, especially when she'd have to lie to them, something she wasn't exactly good at. Still, she was glad he'd at least answered when he clearly had been ignoring his mother.

As he explained that she could come see him so long as she found a way there, she nodded and said she'd try and find a ride. Mairi was a no go, she didn't want to try that one, but Brandon.... She knew he wouldn't say anything to anyone, not if she asked. So, she'd given him a call and when he agreed, she sent a text to Zack explaining that and asking for the address. I know you don't really like him, but he won't say anything, and the cops wouldn't be lead over to him since you guys have never really been seen together anyways. She added onto the end of her text before getting herself ready to go.

Once over to Brandons, she waited for the address of the hotel before they were on their way. River couldn't help but bite her lip anxiously as they drove, despite knowing he said he was okay, she simply couldn't help but be nervous. Finally, they arrived, and River got Brandon to park just on the side of the street in front of the parking lot before thanking him and hurrying over to where she saw Zack's truck parked. Reaching the door, she peered inside and knocked lightly on the window, her eyes instantly taking in how worn out he looked, the cut on his cheek, it made her heart sink but she tried not to let it show. Though, being River, she wasn't so good at that.

PMEmail
^
ZACHARY MASON
 Posted: Mar 3 2015, 11:56 AM
117 posts
19 years old
© N/A
<---|field_10|-->

zack w/ whoever
open for whom ever
Zack had already begun to drift off without realizing it when he snapped himself out of it feeling like his vision was spinning. He turned his phone back on seeing her text about Brandon. While he didn't like the idea he wasn't going to argue with her right now. He just didn't have it in him to do so. He let her know the address of the hotel he would be staying at still not bothering to move from the parking lot he was sitting in. He was pretty sure it was a restaurant of some kind however he didn't think he could stomach any kind of food. He was still feeling to nauseous to bother.

At about a half an hour from when they should arrive he finally left the parking lot to head towards the hotel. It was a short drive and he just parked waiting for them to get there. He had fallen asleep again not even thinking she was arriving soon. He jumped when he heard the knock on his window and looked over at her sleepily. He felt around for the lock on his side and unlocked the door so she could get in. He looked like shit. She didn't even have to say it or look at him like a wounded animal the way she was.

He had dried blood on his shirt, the cut on his cheek, probably a few bruises and he was pretty sure the corner of his eye was all red. It felt tender and when he had gotten a glimpse of himself in the rearview mirror it looked all red and irritated. He figured it was due to some blood vessel bursting from getting punched even if he didn't have a black eye. "Sorry. I fell asleep." he said rubbing his good eye before sitting up a little. "Please don't look at me like a dog that's been hit by a car. I'm fine." he said half expecting her to start crying or something.

coop
PMAIM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Mar 3 2015, 01:35 PM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

teehee <3
When he unlocked the door, she carefully pulled it open and gazed up at him. "It's.... It's okay." She said, not finding much point in him apologizing, by the sounds of it... Today had been rather rough for everyone. His words brought her eyes down to her feet. "Sorry..." She said softly, finding it difficult to think straight. It hurt to see him so beat up, and she didn't know what she was supposed to do at this point. Taking a deep breath, she glanced back up at him and brought a hand to rest lightly on top of his knee.

"Come on, you should get inside." She said, wanting to get him cleaned up so that he could actually relax. Despite how much she knew he wouldn't like it, she wasn't about to just leave him here with a bloody cheek, bloody shirt and an exhausted look in his truck. She'd feel much better if she knew he was at least in the hotel room. Glancing around his truck, she noticed a lack of a bag and assumed he hadn't had the chance to grab anything. A part of her hated that she hadn't known, she would have brought him something to wear if she had.

"Sorry, I would have brought you some fresh clothes if I'd known the extent of it. Umm... But, I mean, I know how to get stains out of a shirt at least, so I might be able to help there." She explained. Brandon had done it a fair share of times, gotten a bit of blood on some of his clothes after a game with a bloody lip or something, so River had learned how to remove blood stains and grass stains so she could do that for him. At least now it would come in handy again.

PMEmail
^
ZACHARY MASON
 Posted: Mar 3 2015, 02:14 PM
117 posts
19 years old
© N/A
<---|field_10|-->

zack w/ whoever
open for whom ever
He knew she was right. He should probably lay down but part of him was fearful he would just pass out. Zack grunted a little adjusting himself again feeling very sore over all. He needed a shower and a good sleep. At least if he got that he could just pretend this didn't happen. "Yeah. I should already be reserved I just need to check in." he said grabbing an old hoodie from the back seat. He didn't have clothes and he hadn't really realized that until now. He only had two old hoodies, a somewhat dirty pair of jeans, and two t-shirts that probably still smelled like booze from when they had things spilled on them.

The idea of River attempting to get clothing of his would have normally made him laugh if he hadn't felt so cruddy. She would have probably had to sneak in there with his mother help to get passed his father who would take them if he found. With that thought he wasn't sure his father didn't burn his things. It wouldn't be the first time he had. "It's okay Riv. You don't have to." he said shrugging his shoulders. She didn't have to get his blood out of his shirt. Although he tended to not be the most clean person there was something about others peoples blood he really didn't like. Even if it was someone else dealing with his blood.

He had made sure that he didn't have blood on his face and that his hoodie was zipped up so you shouldn't see the blood on his shirt. Walking to the front desk with her he got checked in seeing the strange look from the girl at the counter. She gave them the key and told them where to go. Thankfully they would have three days here and Zack hoped that would be enough time. Then he could decide what he wanted to do. Walking into the room he tugged the hoodie off and tossed it on the bed flopping down.

coop
PMAIM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Mar 3 2015, 02:58 PM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

teehee <3
River frowned slightly and helped him out of the truck. "Alright well, let's get you more comfortable." She said, wanting nothing more than to see him relaxed, safe. She walked with him to the hotel desk and when they finally found the room and stepped inside, she let out a small sigh as he took off the hoodie and flopped down onto the bed. Walking over, she sat next to him and sighed softly, running a hand through his hair as she stared out the window, unsure of what to do.

"Are you sure you don't want me to clean it? You need something... Not covered in blood." She said, frowning slightly as she leaned down to lay on her side next to him, scootching forward to press her forehead against his shoulder. "I'm just glad you're okay." She said softly, her heart finally being able to relax after all this time, finally able to settle down now that he was here, safe in her arms. At least, somewhat in her arms, she wasn't quite sure how well he'd take to any sort of physical touch beyond what she was already doing.

PMEmail
^
ZACHARY MASON
 Posted: Mar 5 2015, 01:18 PM
117 posts
19 years old
© N/A
<---|field_10|-->

zack w/ whoever
open for whom ever
At her question he opened one eye looking at her. Well yeah he might like something that wasn't blood covered but he also wanted his own bed. He just wasn't about to get any of that. He propped himself up on his elbows first before pushing himself up. Tugging the shirt up over his head he went to hand it to her as he reached back to grab the hoodie. He pulled it on knowing that there were bruises on his chest. They didn't look as bad as he thought they might have but it would take time to heal.

Yeah. Okay. He wasn't sure the word okay was really what he could be considered but he wasn't in the mood to argue with her. With a soft sigh he just nodded giving her back a rub. "I think I'm going to take a shower real quick." he said although he honestly didn't feel like it. He was covered in dried sweat and probably blood somewhere if not just the smell.

coop
PMAIM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Mar 5 2015, 01:28 PM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

teehee <3
Finally he gave up the shirt and she carefully took it from him, her eyes instantly falling to the bruises that had already formed before he'd covered it up with his sweater. Frowning, she glanced up at him again when he mentioned going for a shower and all she could manage was a slow nod. "O-Okay." She said softly, leaning in to press a small kiss to his forehead before getting to her feet to make her way to the bathroom so she could work on the stain in the sink.

While he set to showering, she followed her usual steps for getting rid of stains. Stain down, soap and a cloth to scrub at it, and only cold water. It wasn't the most comfortable thing t do, especially since by the time she finished, her fingers were practically numb. Right around the time Zack was finished in the shower, she turned off the tap and held the shirt up, glad to see that the stains were gone. Walking over, she draped the shirt over the shower rail and dried her hands before letting out a small sigh. "There, hope I got it all." She said softly before heading back towards the living room and sitting herself on the edge of the bed and putting her hands between her knees to try and warm them up again.

"So... Do you have an idea? I mean, you're here, but for how long?" She asked, still not fully understanding just how all of this was going to play out. She didn't like this one bit, she didn't like that he was in such an awful position over such a stupid, silly fight.

PMEmail
^
ZACHARY MASON
 Posted: Mar 10 2015, 09:22 PM
117 posts
19 years old
© N/A
<---|field_10|-->

zack w/ whoever
open for whom ever
He knew that she was going to be worrying about every tiny mark on his body but he was to numb right now. Mentally just wasn't really fully processing everything. The idea that he had no where to go was kind of something that was hard to accept. He wasn't about to drag people into this bullshit and somehow River had wormed herself into it. Damn girl. He knew how it was going to be now. Anyone who was friends with his father knew that even talking to Zack was a bad idea. His father was the kind to well sort of 'burn' people. When you made the burn list you sure as hell never got off of it.

He let her kiss his forehead and moved like a zombie towards the shower, letting his feet drag as he walked, having little ambition to move any faster than an amble. Starting the shower he slowly undressed now feeling his sore muscles that were practically screaming for some sort of pain meds. He couldn't deny how tempting it was to find someone who had pills so he could just get sky high and sleep but he couldn't. He grumbled getting into the shower and just letting the hot water rush over his head.

He couldn't see his mother anymore. He knew his father would never allow it. He couldn't see Isaac anymore. His dad wouldn't allow that either. Everyone knew the drill. If they wanted to stay living in that house then they wouldn't disobey. Talk about a shitty week. Between Isaac telling him that he was going to be an uncle, barely graduating and now this he had to say it was one for the record books. He had nothing. Nothing. Nothing but what was on his back and what was in his truck. He didn't have his clothes, his things from his room, his guitar or equipment.

Her voice broke him from his train of thought. He took in a deep breath and cleared his throat not even sure how to answer her question. "I don't know Riv." he said just loud enough for her to hear. "I don't know if I am going to stay around here or head upstate." he admitted knowing going back to New York probably wasn't the best idea with his track record.

coop
PMAIM
^
RIVER CARSTAIRS
 Posted: Mar 10 2015, 09:42 PM
156 posts
16 years old
wallflower
© saiyuri
<---|field_10|-->

teehee <3
River lowered her eyes as he mentioned possibly going upstate. The thought made her heart sink in her chest. She didn't want him to leave, he'd been slowly breaking her out of her shell and she knew that if he left, then that would all change, she'd go right back to where she was. The shy, turtle-like girl who couldn't speak without a stutter was just waiting to take over again. "I... See." She said softly, unable to think clearly with the idea of him up and leaving her here. Alone. She wasn't used to being alone anymore.

After a moment, she bit her lip and nervously dug her nails into her palm. "Did... Would... You want me to go to your place and get your stuff?" She asked, unable to look up at him yet. She knew the idea was a bit unsettling, but she could always wait until his dad's vehicle wasn't in the driveway, she still had a key after all. Though, she supposed she should hand that back to his mother when she got the chance.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Skin by Macy of Shine